Identification cards & badges
A solution for every identification need
- Identification badges, proximity cards, smart cards and more
- Customize with your own printer or our Premium Badging Service
- Security features to discourage counterfeiting and fraud
Identifying personnel is a key part of a secure workplace. An identification badge or card with an employee’s name, photo, title and other relevant information is the most fundamental form of ID. IDenticard’s offering includes standard identification cards, proximity cards that open doors, wristbands that perform the functions of a card and more. No matter what your identification need may be, IDenticard has a solution for you.
Let us customize your ID card!
Each of the card options below is available as a fully customized card designed by our in-house Premium Badging Service. IDenticard’s team of dedicated customer service representatives and graphic designers will work with you to choose the right color and design for your card while also adding your own artwork or logos. Professionally printed cards will be sent to you, leaving only the variable data to be printed on-site.Learn more about IDenticard’s Premium Badging Service »
Standard ID cards
IDenticard’s standard identification cards can be used as employee badges, reusable visitor badges and more. Standard identification cards are ideal for those who need a professional, purely visual credential without any internal technology.
- Standard identification cards are available as PVC cards, OmniLife™ laminated PVC cards and Teslin substrate JetPak™ cards. Cards can be printed on-site using PVC printers or inkjet printers for Teslin substrate cards. Many cards are available in a variety of different sizes, while JetPak cards can also be ordered in custom shapes. Various card security features, including IDentiGUARD™ holographic foil stamping and MicroText, are available to prevent counterfeiting.
- In spite of a lack of internal technology, these standard ID cards can still be designed to perform basic tasks. Some standard identification cards can include a barcode or magnetic stripe for payments or data collection.
Proximity cards, also known as “prox” or “proxy cards,” are a type of RFID card used to grant access and provide security without requiring insertion into a card reader. This contactless approach to security makes prox cards an ideal solution for parking lot access control, restricting access to secure areas and general building access.
- IDenticard offers two own-brand proximity cards: IDentiPROX™ PVC prox cards and JetPROX™ Teslin substrate prox cards. Both are HID® compatible and can be customized using either a PVC or inkjet printer. IDenticard also sells HID® proximity products, including cards, discs and key fobs. Card security features, including IDentiGUARD holographic foil stamping and MicroText, are available to keep your card safe from counterfeiting.
- We will work with you to find a solution to your prox card needs, including choosing the right card, finding the right bit format and setting up your cards with unique codes to ensure they work with your prox card readers.
For those seeking a contactless card with data-management capabilities, IDenticard offers multiple “smart cards,” an umbrella term for cards that store or record data with the use of internal technology. Smart cards can store data like time and attendance, personnel information and biometric templates. Smart cards are available in both Teslin substrate and PVC, with customization available for each type using our Premium Badging Service.
- IDenticard offers PVC OmniSMART™ cards that are protected under a layer of laminate and Teslin substrate IDentiSMART™ cards that can be customized using a standard inkjet printer. Each card includes internal technology that allows it to interact with a reader for a variety of user-chosen purposes. Security features are available to discourage counterfeiting. Smart accessories are also available, including SmartKeys™, which are thin wafers that attach to a key ring, and SmartDiscs™, which can be attached to an existing card to make it “smart.”
- Many smart cards contain valuable, sensitive data, including information about employees and payment information. Consider protecting the privacy of your employees by using a shielded badge holder, which prevents unauthorized data and identity theft known as “skimming.”
Badge Buddies role-recognition cards
Make it easy for patients or customers to identify your personnel with bright, colorful Badge Buddies role-recognition cards. Made of durable Teslin®, these cards attach to an existing badge or card for a more complete identification solution.
- Badge Buddies use large, bold text and bright background colors to help an employee’s title stand out. Badge Buddies are available in horizontal and vertical orientations. Pre-printed titles like “DOCTOR” and “RN” are available, or you can design your own Badge Buddies with custom titles and colors using IDenticard’s design your own Badge Buddies tool.
Teslin is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.