Zebra ZXP 7 and 8 card jams at the cleaning rollers
The items listed below may be symptoms of issues with the adhesive cleaning rollers with Zebra ZXP Series 7 and ZXP Series 8 printers:
- Cards may jam when passing through the ATM cleaning cassette (see image to the right). Cards less than 30 mils thick are more likely to jam.
- Cards may jam when passing through the dual adhesive cleaning cartridge (see image to the right). Cards less than 30 mils thick are more likely to jam.
- The black rubber cleaning rollers may stick to the adhesive cleaning rollers.
One way to remedy the issue is to take the cleaning cartridge out of the printer and roll the cleaning rollers around. If the roller feels too sticky, you can roll it on the desk to take some of the stickiness away.
If the sticky cleaning roller and the black cleaning roller built into the cartridge sit long enough without use, there is a chance the 2 rollers will stick together and cards will jam at these spots.
If you need to replace the cleaning rollers, use the following:
- ZXP 7 new replacement adhesive rollers: 105912-007, set of 5
- ZXP 8 new replacement adhesive rollers: 105999-807, set of 5